A HIGH-PAYING JOB IN LAW THAT DOES NOT REQUIRE A 4-Year Commitment
The paralegal profession is changing and expanding. Law firms are using paralegals more often and with more professional depth. Education is now critical.
NIU College offers a Fast-Track Paralegal Program that is unlike other paralegal programs offered:
- Designed to train students to develop paralegal skills through both theoretical and practical instructions.
- Students learn the fundamentals of various legal fields; ranging from contract to tort to personal injury to intellectual property.
- The program focuses on discovery, litigation/trial preparation, and alternative dispute resolution.
- The Program concludes with the Practicum where students prepare a Motion for Summary Judgment in a law firm setting.
Paralegal is one of the nation’s fastest-growing careers, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. ( 15% from 2016-2026 )
Paralegal Classes are starting soon. Don’t wait.
Learn how to become a Paralegal
Complete the secure form below to learn more about our affordable paralegal program.
* Classes are offered in English only
We will not share your personal information with other individuals or organizations without your permission.
Graduate in about 7 Months
Quickly move on to a satisfying career with our fast-track training.
Job Placement Assistance
Get job placement assistance, interview coaching, and complimentary resume building.
Study with the knowledge that no one can match our combined value and quality.
WHAT DOES A PARALEGAL DO?
Paralegals are lawyers’ right hand. They perform a variety of tasks under their supervision to support lawyers and make sure that everything runs smoothly from drafting documents, maintaining and organizing clients’ files, conducting legal research, and preparing depositions, to all other necessary preparation of court trials. Paralegals cannot give legal advice or perform any duty that is to be performed by a licensed attorney.
Paralegals perform a variety of tasks that include but are not limited to:
- Conduct client interviews and maintain general contact with the client
- Investigate the Facts of Case
- Conduct Legal Research
- Locate and interview witnesses
- Organize and Maintain Documents
- Gather Evidence
- Draft Correspondence & Legal Documents
- Summarize depositions, interrogatories, and testimony
- Get Affidavits & other Formal Statements
- Attend Executions of Wills, Real Estate Closing, Depositions,
Court / Administrative Hearings & Trials with the attorney.
Paralegals can find employment at a variety of places including:
- Law Firms
- Insurance companies
- Health Organizations
PROGRAM QUICK FACTS (SUMMARY)
|Program Duration||7 months|
|Externship Duration||30 hours|
|Required National Testing||None|
|Certification Awarded||Paralegal program Certificate of Completion|
COURSES YOU WOULD TAKE FOR THIS PROGRAM
|Legal Analysis||12 Hours|
|Legal Ethics||6 Hours|
|Speed Typing||16 Hours|
|Case Briefing||10 Hours|
|Legal Research||12 Hours|
|Law Library||8 Hours|
|Personal Injury||9 Hours|
|Drafting Contracts||16 Hours|
|Deposition Summaries||7 Hours|
|Law & Motion/Post Trial||27 Hours|
|Trial Preparation||6 Hours|
|Family Law||12 Hours|
|Employment Law||10 Hours|
|Entertainment Law||6 Hours|
|Intellectual Property Law||6 Hours|
|Worker’s Compensation||6 Hours|
|Constitutional/Criminal Law||12 Hours|
|Probate Law||6 Hours|
|Alternative Dispute Resolution||7 Hours|
|Real Property||6 Hours|
|Career Development||6 Hours|
|Insurance Law||7 Hours|
|Appellate Law||3 Hours|
|Practicum||16 Hours Plus|
|Project work of 116 hours =||132 Hours|
ADD UP ALL THE BENEFITS
Once you consider all the ways you benefit from the NIU College experience, it’s an easy decision to make. Join our NIU family today!
- Lowest tuition in town
- Small class size – 15 max vs. 30-40 at other colleges
- Weekday or Weekend classes available
- Excellent placement rate – with placement assistance
- Books and all other classroom materials included
- Resume writing and mock interview skills
- Community-oriented, family-style setting offering personal recognition