ALLOW YOUR PASSION TO BECOME YOUR PURPOSE AND PROFESSION
Home health aides make it possible for elderly, sick, or disabled people to stay at home instead of moving to a nursing home.
The goal of this program is to prepare CNA’s for certification as a Home Health Aide by the State of California, to function as a worker on health care team in home health agencies.
You will quickly gain the confidence to serve as a Medical Assistant in both clinical and administrative capacities. If you’ve had your sights set on a career with real meaning and excellent advancement potential, this is the program for you.
Classes are starting soon. Don’t wait. Complete the short form today and get enrolled.
Learn How to Become a Home Health Aide
Call 818-347-9400 or complete the secure form below to learn more about our affordable home health aide program.
* Classes are offered in English only
We will not share your personal information with other individuals or organizations without your permission.
Graduate in 1 Week
Reach your goals quicker with our accelerated training program.
If you don’t complete our course, you can retake it at no additional cost.
Job Placement Assistance
Get placed at local clinics, with complimentary resume and interview coaching.
WHAT DOES A HOME HEALTH AIDE DO?
A home health aide cares for people who have disabilities, chronic illnesses, cognitive impairments, or age-related problems, who have the need or desire to still live in their own home. They provide companionship for sick or elderly people who may feel isolated and lonely.
Home Health Aides provide basic services that include administering medications, changing bandages, and checking vital signs like temperature, and pulse and breathing rates. They also offer personal care to patients with bathing, changing sheets, using the toilet or bedpan, walking and exercising, planning meals, shopping for food, and cooking.
Some aides drive patients to doctor’s appointments or other activities
Learn about the job duties you can expect if you choose this career:
- Enables patients to stay in their homes by monitoring and recording patient condition, providing support and personal services, and teaching families.
- Help clients get dressed and undressed and maintain proper clothing
- Provide and assist with personal services such as bathing and grooming
- Assists patients by providing personal services, such as, bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- Accompany clients to their doctor visits
- Administration of prescribed medications to clients
- Assist clients who are unable to handle the day-to-day homemaking duties in their homes
- Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental condition, intake and output, and exercise.
- Monitors patient’s physical and mental condition.
- Helps family members care for the patient by teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient.
- Provide housekeeping and laundry services, shopping for food and other household requirements, preparing and serving meals and snacks, and running errands.
- Records patient information by making entries in the patient journal and notifying the nursing supervisor of changing or unusual conditions after each visit.
Home health aides can find employment at a variety of healthcare institutions, including:
Home health aides work for
- Private home healthcare agencies,
- Health or welfare agencies,
- Continuing care facilities,
- Skilled nursing,
- Developmental disability facilities.
- Some are self-employed
PROGRAM QUICK FACTS (SUMMARY)
|Program Duration||1 Week|
|Required National Testing||Yes|
|Certification Awarded||Certified by the State of California Department of Health As a Home Health Aide|
COURSES YOU WOULD TAKE FOR THIS PROGRAM
|Introduction to Aide and Agency Role||2 Hours||N/A|
|Interpretation of Medical and Social Needs of Clients||5 Hours||N/A.|
|Personal Care Services||5 Hours||15 Hours|
|Nutrition||5 Hours||3 Hours|
|Cleaning and Care Tasks in the Home||3 Hours||2 Hours|
ADD UP ALL THE BENEFITS
Once you consider all the ways you benefit from the NIU College experience, it’s an easy decision to make. Join our NIU family today!
- Lowest Tuition in town
- Small class size – 15 max vs. 30-40 at other colleges
- Weekday or Weekend classes available
- Excellent placement rate – with placement assistance
- Book, scrub, stethoscope, pressure cuff, and all other lab materials included
- Refresher courses at no charge
- Resume writing and mock interview skills
- Community-oriented, family-style setting offering personal recognition
- NHA, NCCT approved testing site with in-house proctoring